Eugene B. Clark Medal1939
CB-EC
Bronze

This uniface plaque's obverse bears bust 3/4 right of Eugene Clark. Above, EUGENE B. CLARK; to right, (CB monogram) / MCMXXXIX / N.Y.

Eugene B. Clark was a mechanical engineer who leveraged his metallurgical and business skill into a partnership position in the troubled Chicago-based George R. Rich Manufacturing company. After a year under his management the company was profitable and in 1906 Clark changed the company name to Celfor Tool Company. Having started another company called the Buchanan Electric Steel Company in 1909, Clark merged the two companies in 1916 to form Clark Equipment Company.

Beach was commissioned to create this plaque in 1939, a year that marked the successful recovery from the Depression.

The plaque measures 66mm x 88mm and was struck in bronze by the Medallic Art Company of New York.