This medal was chosen as the 46th issue of the prestigious Society of Medalists series in 1952. The obverse bears a standing boy scout in 1940s uniform signaling with flags and a kneeling scout with binoculars. Around, BUILDING TOWARD UNITY / YOUTH OF THE SCOUT WORLD; to lower left, lamp on stack of books; below, KG monogram ©. The reverse bears a defiant eagle striding left over chains.
The medal measures 73mm in diameter and was produced by the Medallic Art Company of New York. Its reported production quantity is 762 pieces in bronze.